Thursday 21 January 2010

Have you watched the documentary thorns and silk?

I remember the day my classmate recommends this for our inclass review. At that time I was a bit sleepy but still strongly touched by the 13 minutes documentary.

I love documentaries more than any other commercial movies.

With a drink in hand, I always spend a peaceful afternoon watching a thought-provoking documentary that can beat my bottom heart.

The story in a documentary is not always with a happy ending. Even worse, it makes me feel myself so helpless.

But Paulina Tervo's documentary, Thorns and Silk, is everything but an encouraging one. It tells the unusual story of four Palestinian women who work in male dominated jobs in the West Bank.

The most important thing is:

I am going to interview her!


Haha, good luck to me!
If you’d ask to choose between thorns or silk, I’d choose thorns.”

quoted from thorns and silk

For me, the director, she is a rose among Thorns

No comments:

Post a Comment