Saturday 31 October 2009

I can not carry on my report because I love it so much

I cann't move forward with my report and the deadline is around the corner! Oh my god! That is the last thing I wanted! It is not my fault, not telling the lie.

Let me explain it clear. This semester I have a subject named issues of Journalism: Human Rights, Ethics and Democracy. One piece of the coureswork is to write a report recommending repeal or amendment of a piece of legislation that affects journalistic observance of human rights. It took me a long time to be obsessed with books available from the Internet and the library because back in my country we do not have any law on media and a lot of disputes between law and special rules in terms of journalism. I started my study on the relative law quite early and got lost. With little knowledge in law and media, I find myself overwhelmed by the huge information.

China, my country, has a so complicated context in its media field that an obvious gap between the western culture and itself can not be easily avoided. I do not want to just pick up one piece of legislation without enough context which need repealing or amendent because that is so irresonable for foreigners to understand and that irresposible report might even create wrong image of China. All I need is to explain the history then they can understand why we have such a nonsense law.

This kind of task is only a dream because I realise it demands more time and widom even eats some professor's whole academic life. How dare I, a green hand in journalism postgraduate study, write such report?

Ok, I think I must be a person down to the earth. I should only write something that is under my control-that is definitely the quotation from others.

The thing is when I come to this topic, I can not help myself. The emotion wants to find a place to release and I wish I can do some real things for my country such as explain more to me UK teacher. So far I have not got enough power, sad.

Every time I begin to read all materials I collected-some of them have reached out of the report, I feel so motivated to carry on my study further with more efforts. Both Chinese, including me, and foreigners need the truth. The only thing I can devote is to add a tiny voice into the history and one day tiny voices from more people can establish a better understanding of my country, my lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment